Monday, April 19, 2010

A brief introduction to the girls

I'm in the midst of working on my next blog entry - "Accessorizing your head and your pizza" - but in the meantime, I wanted to take a second to introduce you (or reintroduce you, as the case may be) to my three girls. I talk about them a LOT, so I want you to be able to put a face to the name.

First there was Mima. Oh Mima. I adopted Meem from Islip animal shelter b/c Tom's cat died, and I felt bad. Mima looked a lot like his old kitty, so I picked her up in spite of her hacking cough. $3500 later... and I have a cat that won't leave my side. Ironically, she doesn't really like Tom and wishes that Earth was only inhabited by me, her, and soft food. She's my little asthma girl, and I sometimes call her "money cat" because she cost me so much money.

Then came the sisters, Lily and Claudette.

If Mima is the meanest cat in the world (and some say she is) then these tortoiseshell sisters are her complete opposite. We've had them since they were three weeks old, and I had to bottle feed them b/c they were too little to be weaned. Aww babies.

Lily, who we affectionately call the steak kitty because she'd love to eat a big fatty steak, is the perfect lap cat. She loves to cuddle, and she drools when she kneads. Its adorable. Sometimes I pick her up and swing her over my back like a sack of potatoes, and she yells and smacks me in the face. Oh Lily. You're so fat and you love pudding.


Claudette is Tom's baby. She tolerates me, but would probably much happier if I took Meem and moved to Thailand. In her spare time she models for Victoria's secret and likes to walk around in uggs eating salmon. I think she's trying to butter me up for some cash, because last night she slept between my legs and today she came into the bathroom while I was showering. Oh Clode, I'm married! I can't date you!


Anyhow, there they are. Get ready to hear a lot about them. And food. And clothes.

2 comments: