Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Purse in Black Fled Across the Desert and Heather Followed

If you get that reference, then good for you for being a fan of The Dark Tower. If not, well, lets talk about purses anyway. But you should probably still read The Dark Tower series. Its like a really dark Harry Potter series for adults. 

Shhh. Listen. Do you hear that? The end of July is a whisper away and I can actually hear summer finally coming to an end. No more sweat. No more frizzy hair. Oh, stop it. No one can tell me they REALLY enjoy 98 degrees and 98% humidity. You don't. You yearn for fall. You just do. Comfortable sleeping weather... great hair days... scarves... jackets... 

I've mentioned in the past that I was definitely the girl decked out in boots and a sweater on the first day of school. These days, I'm more realistic. Now, I'm not going to lie to you and pretend that I haven't already made a boot purchase this month ($24.99 at Marshalls, say thank'ya) but I know that it will probably stay pretty darned warm through mid-October, and, yet, I must have some fall. I need fall. I want fall. I hunger for a little bit o'fall. And that brings us to today's topic...

Purses. Pocketbooks. Whatever you call them, God love 'em, they are that little piece of Autumn (I had to vary my syntax a bit, for artistic purposes) that you can wear today. Or tomorrow. OR August 17th. Will people look at you sideways if you show up to work on September 2nd in knee high boots, tights and a scarf? Yes. At least I will. Will you be a social outcast if you don a cute burgundy tote with your cream colored cami, a khaki skirt and a little navy blue short sleeved cardigan whilst the temps still top 90? Of course not. YOU WEAR THAT PURSE. You go and wear the shit out of that little fall purse. 

And so, here are some of my picks for super awesome excellent lovely fall bags. 

A black leather tote is a cold weather staple, in my opinion. I enjoy this one, from Coach, because it reminds me a little bit of something that I might wear in the 80's to a roller rink. Also, I feel like if my car breaks down those little metal bolts might be somehow useful. 

I know that many of you are "soooooo over" the Coach Signature C's. They will, however, always hold a special place in my heart. I look fondly back at the purchase of my first Coach bag (old Bayshore Macys!) probably when I was still in college, and I recall how toting around those little khaki C's made me feel so important and grown up. I had arrived at adulthood!  This little cross body reminds me of that age of innocence. Plus that little red hang tag is pretty adorable. Coach Factory.

This Kate Spade bag in a pinkish maroon color can be your go-to fall bag. Its structured and classic, but the color is interesting and bright enough to pair with both black and brown based outfits.

This is a bag from Lauren Merkin - its called "Florence" in caramel. Great, now I want caramel. And I want to go to Florence. Damn you, Merkin.
Lauren Merkin Mini Cece. Because this salmon pop of color will look adorable with all of your fall colors - Brown tweed skirt? Camel cords? Dark jeans and a olive green chunky sweater? Merkin knows what goes with this. Merkin is like a purse psychic. Damn, Merkin, you crazy.
Michael Kors Camo Cross body. No, I'm not crazy. Yes, I've seen Lofts weird collection of camo items for the fall. I think this little tiny cross over bag is just the right amount of camo. I'd probably throw this over dark skinnies, brown chunky boots and a white super baggy T with a big funky necklace and scarf in the early fall.
Sometimes you're poor, like me, and you can't afford to spend a car payment sized amount of cash on a bag. Or maybe you need a big tote for your work supplies and you just can't see filling an expensive bag with papers and pens and other crap. This Old Navy Tote is a nice black and white graphic print for fall, and it costs like 5 cents. I'd wear this with my knee length red wool coat and do some serious holiday shopping come November. I'd also pack a snack. Probably fritos.
This bag from Mod Cloth is called "Photography on the Promenade." Well, I want to be on a promenade. I want to take photographs. Logic dictates, then, that I must also own this purse.
This big slouchy brown tote is from Sole Society - its called Allessandra. I have nothing exciting to add to this.
This Tory Burch Lily saddle bag is near to my heart because it reminds me of a little saddle bag that I used to have in junior high. If it wasn't $24,899 I'd absolutely purchase it.

This classic shape from Tory Burch in grass green is a great late summer to fall transition piece. It also reminds me a little of Grace Kelly. I bet Jackie O would have loved this purse, and I bet that Kate Middleton owns it. Those three ladies know a little something about class and style.
And finally, if you're hungry, you can eat purses, like this random internet cat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment